A Thinking Person's Guide to National Parks: Teaching Guide
You are welcome to download these materials for educational and other noncommercial purposes. These versions are fully editable so you can customize them to meet your needs. We also offer PDF versions of the syllabus and PowerPoint presentations; they are not customizable but may be convenient in certain situations. PDF files of the PowerPoint presentations are much smaller than the native PowerPoint files.
Please navigate the drop down box below to download presentations:
- a. Foreword
- b. Chapter 1: From National Parks to a National Park System
- c. Chapter 2: Sense of Place
- d. Chapter 3: Campaign for Conservation
- e. Chapter 4: "Places to Play In"
- f. Chapter 5: Lifelong Learning
- g. Chapter 6: Conserving Biodiversity
- h. Chapter 7: Dynamic Nature
- i. Chapter 8: Reservoirs of Knowledge
- j. Chapter 9: Wilderness Preserves
- k. Chapter 10: Indigenous Voices
- l. Chapter 11: Civic Engagement
- m. Chapter 12: From Civil War to Civil Rights
- n. Chapter 13: Machines and Ingenuity
- o. Chapter 14: Storied Landscapes
- p. Chapter 15: Treasures of the Nation
- q. Chapter 16: Urban National Parks
- r. Chapter 17: Community Conservation
- s. Chapter 18: Parks in Partnership
- t. Chapter 19: Parks Beyond Borders
- u. Chapter 20: New Park Resources
- v. Chapter 21: Practicing Sustainability
- w. Chapter 22: Deep Engagement
- x. Chapter 23: A National Park System
- y. Captions File
Note: if you select the PDF option, you will be redirected to the website of the George Wright Society, which is partnering with the publisher to make these files available.
To download sample exam questions, click here
Copyright notice and download agreement © 2018 Robert Manning, Rolf Diamant, Nora Mitchell, David Harmon, and George Braziller Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved. All materials linked above come under this copyright. You have permission to download these materials, but only for educational and other noncommercial purposes. You also have permission to alter them, but only for classroom use. Any altered versions you create may not be republished or recirculated in any way. By downloading one or more of these files, you agree to abide by these copyright restrictions.